Introduction and Overview
Hopin is a web-based conference tool that resembles a physical (on-site) conference venue. For an optimal, hybrid experience we recommend using:
- Use Google Chrome (or Mozilla Firefox) as web browser. Microsoft Edge and Safari work as well, but may lack some modern technologies necessary for online events.
- Have two screens when presenting to view both your shared presentation and your audience well.
- Avoid having two Hopin tabs open that both broadcast audio (i.e., show a red circle in the browser tab). This will cause sound looping and interference.
- Use the Hopin App, (only) if you use a tablet or smart phone. Note you may need to update your operating system.
We recommend both on-site and online attendees to initiate their GeoMod Hopin profiles as soon as possible and “Join GeoMod 2021” online. It takes less than 5 minutes and it allows you to see how your poster booth is setup, start chatting with other attendees and introduce yourself, and readily add the sessions you want to attend into your personal calendar. Also, it allows us to setup the environment more completely, which is particularly important for our keynote speakers. So, click the link in your e-mail from Tuesday September 14, setup your profile, and check out the research of all those who have uploaded their posters already to Google Slides!
General information on poster presentations on GeoMod can be found here.
Hopin has an extensive knowledge base where attendees can find guidance on what to do in which venue areas. The sections below, largely corresponding to the left column, also describe the different types of (inter)actions required for this GeoMod edition:
- How to setup my (GeoMod) Hopin?
- Login, Reception, Interactions and Recordings
- Expo, i.e., Posters